Soft Tissue Therapy
Soft Tissue Therapy (Sports Massage) is the management, mobilisation and manipulation of the bodies soft tissue structures such as muscles, tendons and ligaments. Soft Tissue Therapy is suitable for everyone – from athletes and physically active individuals to those in sedentary lifestyles.
Soft Tissue Therapy uses and adapts a range of techniques in combination with three essential clinical elements (assessment, treatment and rehabilitation) to provide an effective and efficient treatment – with results each time. This combination of techniques and clinical elements enhance muscular and connective tissue function, whilst aiding relaxion and inhibition of motor-neuron excitability promoting overall well-being.
Soft Tissue Therapy has a range of both physiological and psychological benefits including (but not limited to):
- Increased and improved blood flow and circulation
- Reduced muscle tension and soreness
- Optimising joint range of motion and mobility
- Increase or Decrease Muscle Length and Tone
- Breakdown scar tissue where required
- Reduce risk of injury and/or re-injury
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
- Relief and rehabilitation of muscular and tendinous strains
- Reduced fatigue
- Postural correction
The therapists at Peak Remedial have exceptional knowledge in musculoskeletal injury, pain and dysfunction. With years of experience you can be sure each treatment will provide a high level of assessment, treatment and rehabilitation advice for all occupational, sports and lifestyle injuries and problems. Whilst not only aiming to provide the best treatment for you and your needs, we offer an extensive mindset of remedial exercises – all to aid your recovery and ensure you can reach your Peak.